Last updated: 13 October 2016
Our liability to you
We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law. We accept no liability for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or economic loss howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with these Terms. Nothing on the Website shall be construed you as offering you or any other party any services whatsoever.
We provide the content on the Website in good faith but give no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date, nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. We accept no responsibility or liability for your use of content on the Website and such use is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website, we accept no liability for them. Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. We make no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free and disclaim all liability in respect thereof. By using this Website, you acknowledge and agree that SC shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if SC has been advised of the possibility of such damages) as a result of: (i) the use or the inability to use the Website; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute information resulting from any data or information obtained or transactions entered into through or in connection with the use of the Website; (iii) unauthorised access to the Website; (iv) proprietary materials, statements or conduct of any third party on the Website; or (vi) any other matter relating to the Website.
This Website may contain links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such third party.
Nothing in these Terms shall limit our liability for anything that we cannot limit our liability for under Qatari law.
Accessing our website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to our Website without notice (see further below). We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website.
• the identity of the infringing party;
• the nature of the infringing activity;
• the location of the infringing activity;
• the date that such infringing activity was discovered; and
• any other information as may be requested by SC.
You may use our Website only for non-commercial and lawful purposes. In using the Website you agree that you may not use our Website:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation (including Qatari law);
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• in any way that infringes the rights of, restricting or inhibiting anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
• to disseminate any unlawful or otherwise objectionable material in the opinion of SC;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our Website;
• any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our Website; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Unless otherwise noted, the content on this Website includes, but is not limited to all information, text, articles, data, images, screens, badges, web pages, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, internet domain names, design rights, moral rights, database rights, know-how, market information or other materials whether registered or unregistered (collectively, the “Materials”) that is owned, licensed to, or has been provided by (i) SC (“SC Materials”); or (ii) a third party (“Third Party Materials”) and is subject to copyright, trademark, service mark, trade dress, patent, database and other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in or in relation to the Materials under Qatari law or other laws, and international conventions of which the State of Qatar is a member.
Trademark & copyright
Certain content, including but not limited to images, graphics, games, community/social tools, interactive features text, translation, interpretation, video, audio and football data content/editorial elements on the Website, is provided by third parties working with SC. Any copying, re-publication or re-distribution of such content, including but not limited to framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of the relevant right holders. These right holders shall not be liable for any errors or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Please consult the respective websites of the concerned right holder for additional information. Nothing in the Website shall grant any licence, right to use, or any other rights over any names, logos, images, trademarks or other proprietary materials. No act of downloading or otherwise copying or reproducing from the Website will transfer any rights or title to you to any software or material on the Website.
Third party materials
The Website may contain Third Party Materials. In allowing Third Party Materials to be on accessible on the Website, SC is not making any representation or warranty to you as to any measure of quality, reliability, ability, reputation, suitability or any other representation or warranty whatsoever. To the extent that you may have arrangements, dealings or participations with third parties found on or through the Website any warranties or representations made by such third party to you are solely between you and such third party. You agree that SC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred or alleged to have incurred as the result of any such arrangements, dealings or participations with such third parties or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Website.
The Website may contain links or feeds to third party websites or resources (“Links”). You acknowledge that SC has no control over third party websites or resources and that you are taken to the third party website or resource at your own risk. You agree that SC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred or alleged to have incurred in connection with the Links or the use of, or reliance upon, any content, goods, services or any other material available on or through any third party website or resource.
From time to time, this Website may include Links. These Links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We are not responsible for the contents or the reliability of any website or web page to which the Website (or a linked website) is linked and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
Subject to the following conditions, you are permitted to create a link or deep-link to this Website from another website or document:
• you agree not to include the Website into the frame of another website;
• you agree not to create any third party association with the Website;
• you agree to ensure that any Link created by you does not state or imply that SC sponsors or endorses any other website activity, company or entity, or presents SC or the State of Qatar or any other third party in a false, misleading, defamatory or derogatory manner;
• you agree to ensure that the link or the third party website that contains the link does not state or imply an association with SC or the State of Qatar;
• the use of our logo or any other registered trademark(s) as a link to this Website is not permitted.
You agree that our Website does not permit you to use any SC Materials or any other Third Party Materials unless separately agreed to in writing by SC or the relevant rights-holder (as applicable).
Content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy
You must comply with the spirit as well as the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
• comply with applicable law in the State of Qatar and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
• contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• promote sexually explicit material, violence or any illegal act;
• promote any sort of discrimination including, but not limited to, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
• be likely to deceive any person;
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, needless anxiety, harassment or alarm;
• be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; and
• give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Removal of materials
We are entitled, at our option, to remove, suspend or disable access to any Materials, whether SC Materials or Third Party Material as the case may be, at any time without liability and with or without prior notice. If you are a rights-owner (or an agent acting for a rights-owner) and believe that any Material infringes the rights of you or your principal and you wish for us to remove such Material from the Website, or to suspend, or disable access to it, please contact us using the Contact Us link, or by writing to Publications and Website – Marketing Department, 33rd Floor, Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, Al Bidda Tower, P.O. Box 62022, Doha, State of Qatar in additional to providing us with the following information:
• the original signature of the rights-owner or a person duly authorised to act on behalf of the rights-owner;
• details of the proprietary material that is claimed to have been infringed (including, to the extent reasonable practicable, a URL and/or screen shot);
• your contact information, such as a postal address, telephone number and, if available, an email address; and a statement by you that: (i) you believe in good faith that use of such Materials in the manner complained of is not authorised by the rights-owner or by applicable law (citing the specific provisions of such applicable law); (ii) the information in the notification is true and accurate; and (iii) you are the rights-owner or the duly authorised person to act on the rights-owner's behalf.
When you use the Website or contact us by post, telephone, fax, e-mail or SMS, we may collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. SC is subject to Qatari data protection laws when collecting and processing your personal data. We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any services under the Website, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
• general, aggregated, demographic, and non-personal data (such as aggregated anonymous information about website usage) may be collected by us. It will not be linked to any of your personal data, through cookies or other means, without your consent;
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• information which you provide to us by completing surveys or polls, and which we use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these surveys; and
• details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
The information that we may collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone, fax, e-mail and mobile contact details. Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
Cookies & IP addresses
They enable us:
• to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
• to speed up your searches; and
• to recognise you when you return to our Website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How do we use your information?
We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, while we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your personal data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18 (“Minors”). We do not take specific steps to protect the privacy of Minors who disclose their personal identifying information to us and we shall take all reasonable steps required of us to protect the rights of Minors and their privacy under the laws of the State of Qatar.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, e-mail or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you will be given the opportunity to tick the relevant box situated on the form or page on which we collect your data. You can also opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by following the directions contained in any correspondence to unsubscribe or by contacting us using the Contact Us link, or by writing to Publications and Website – Marketing Department, 33rd Floor, Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, Al Bidda Tower, P.O. Box 62022, Doha, State of Qatar.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Where do we store your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your access to information that we hold
You have the right to contact us in order to find out what information we hold about you (please note that a QAR100 (US$30) fee will be payable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you) or to access, cancel or correct any information that we hold about you.
The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the materials contained within the Website is accurate at the time of publication. However, the SC makes no representation or guarantee (including liability towards third parties), expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim and exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, express or implied, in connection with the Website and your use of the Website (including, without limitation, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy).
Breaching the terms
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website;
• issue of a warning to you;
• take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from such breach;
• take any further legal action against you that we deem necessary; and/or
• disclosure of such information to our partners, affiliates and/or law enforcement authorities as we reasonably determine is necessary.